ny/nj cookingclub

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Beer Bread: Fast and Yummy

It was the lastest Minimalist video over on NYT (molasses quick bread) that reminded me of my own quick bread recipe, one I love because it's a quck and easy way to use up any beer you might have hiding in your fridge. I've posted the basic recipe below, but don't be afraid to mess around with it and make it your own. I've listed some tweaks I've done and their measurments below the recipe.

Enjoy.


Super-Quick Beer Bread

* 2 2/3 cup self-rsing flour
12 ozs beer, freshly opened (either straight from fridge or room temp.)

* if not using self-rise, add in 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp baking soda


Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease a loaf pan (9"x5"x3"). Put flour into a medium bowl add beer and stir gently until
everything is moist and incorporated. Scrape into pan and bake for approx. 50-55 minutes, or until top is brown and a when a toothpick comes out clean. If you are not using self rise or are adding in more ingredients, make sure to mix all dry ingredients together first before adding the beer.

Some Yummy Add Ins:

1/2 cup scallions
1 cup sharp cheddar (grated)

or

1 cup coursely chopped kalamata olives

or

1/2 cup toasted and crumbled (or coarsely chopped) nori
1/4 to 1/3 cup toasted sesame seeds

let me know if anyone makes this and added in something new. :-)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger erinmick said...

wow. cool. I actually have an oven that works and I sure as hell have beer appreciative tasters so this looks perfect. olives and beer and bread, mmm.

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home